• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

25,000 failures.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

25,000 failures.

BBC News - Liberia students all fail university admission exam

Gosh.

I wonder where they'll try next.

We'll probly give them direct entry into the 3rd year, judging by previous offers.

I like the sound of this guy.

University spokesman Momodu Getaweh told Focus on Africa that the university stood by its decision, and it would not be swayed by "emotion".

"In English, the mechanics of the language, they didn't know anything about it. So the government has to do something," he said.

"The war has ended 10 years ago now. We have to put that behind us and become realistic."
    I wonder if it's his plan B option too. 25k times £16 exam fee. £400k and no pesky students to educate - awww, sorry kids, try again next year yeah? I'll just be over here on this yacht.

Comment

Have we done the Indian system yet?

Hacking into the Indian Education System - On the Stepping Stone - Quora

Comment

Sorry. Thought this was Suity thread.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
          BBC News - Liberia students all fail university admission exam

Gosh.

I wonder where they'll try next.

We'll probly give them direct entry into the 3rd year, judging by previous offers.
          You mean Liberia has exams that can be ' failed'? How very backward; shouldn't it be called 'deferred success'? I don't see how they can ever hope to rebuild the country after the war if they actually demand competence from students.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
          X