• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ok, Simple Question (I Hope)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, Simple Question (I Hope)

What is the minimum that the value of a contract should be (say on a weekly basis) so that it is beneficial to use a Ltd. company instead or an umbrella corporation?

I seem to think we discussed 20-30k per annum being a break point. Let me see if I can find the thread.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

The company needs to turn over around £30k.

Anything less and the tax saving is eaten by the professional fees. Even at the £30k level the profit won't be massive, so it depends on whether you want the extra cash for the extra admin you'll have to do.
      ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Clare beat me to it and I can't find the thread it was discussed in but the sticky has tons of information and cost comparisons so you could try your own sums...

http://forums.contractoruk.com/umbre...composite.html

You may need to take your IR35 status in to account as well if you are hovering around that figure.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X