• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Man dies in his sleep...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man dies in his sleep...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/5230330.stm

Hell of a way to dream of flying...

At first I wondered what sort of fool takes a nap near a cliff edge then this bit caught my eye

However the police have taken away a number of items from the cliff top, and there are indications that this may have been the end of a very sad story.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
      At first I wondered what sort of fool takes a nap near a cliff edge then this bit caught my eye

Did they find the sheep at the bottom too ?

Comment

They push back. Allegedly.

Comment

From what I've heard (and I think this derives a 'day in the life' in one of the sunday papers, by the duty coatguard at Beachy Head or somebody similar), that's not unusual. But it's the women who tend to get drowsy and roll forward; the men tend to take a running jump apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard
            From what I've heard (and I think this derives a 'day in the life' in one of the sunday papers, by the duty coatguard at Beachy Head or somebody similar), that's not unusual. But it's the women who tend to get drowsy and roll forward; the men tend to take a running jump apparently.
            I read someone's biography a few months ago, or one of those potted biographies that appear in the magazine supplements of the weekend papers.

I forget who the guy was, a famous author ISTR. But anyway, while travelling in some mountainous region in the South of France when a student, he got pissed one night, and after spending an hour or two walking up a hill decided he was lost and the best thing was to have a doze on a narrow wall by the roadside.

When he awoke the next morning and sat up, still on the wall, he discovered that on the other side was a sheer thousand foot drop! Talk about a trouser filler.

Comment

Working...
            X