• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mmmm bacon

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mmmm bacon

How do you eat yours?

Do some people really put marmalade on bacon sandwiches? And, if so, why are they not being prosecuted?

Couldn't agree more!

Comment

The preparation of bacon sandwiches should not be taken lightly. I agree with many of the points raised in this important piece of journalism, and am eagerly awaiting the forthcoming re-opening of the Walkers & Sons pork butcher's shop in the centre of Leicester.

This was the family firm that created Walkers Crisps as a stopgap when meat was in short supply during the ongoing rationing after the Second World War: an excellent example of a Plan B done good. I have missed the fine bacon and sausages formerly purveyed at their Cheapside store since it was foolishly sold to a third party who went bust. Locally-sourced sausages and bacon are to some extent a sideline to their primary goal of selling pork pies, but I look forward to being able to purchase same for my regular weekend defiance of the cardiologist's recommendations

Curious and totally irrelevant fact: the last time I was there before it closed down, I bought a bacon cob, which I ate on a bench by the cathedral. Just seven months later, the remains of King Richard III were uncovered less than fifty yards away. Proof of the power of bacon? You be the judge, though the facts are hard to ignore.

Comment

Looking forward to my home cured bacon sarnie this weekend probably accompanied by my home made sausages
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
          Whenever possible.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            Can't stand the stuff.

Just the smell of it cooking makes me want to

You giant alien lizards are a weird lot

Comment

I listened to this yesterday:

BBC Radio 4 - Food Programme, In Praise of Bacon

If that doesn't get you slavering for a bacon sarnie I don't know what will.
              World's Best Martini

Comment

I hate fat on bacon unless it is totally crispy... it just means you'll look daft when you pull a whole rasher out by accident I often cut it off.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                X