• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

US/UK attack Syria

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US/UK attack Syria

<Place holder>

What drives me crazy about this one is that the media makes it out that it's somehow obvious Asad used chemical weapons..... Why does nobody consider the possibility of Saudi/Qatar etc. being involved in this by providing chemical weapons to the opposition just as they have been providing standard weaponry?

Can nobody see how it would not have been in Asad's interest to use chemical weapons? I am not defending him or his regime but he is not a stupid crazy man like Saddam - everything they do is calculated.

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    <Place holder>

What drives me crazy about this one is that the media makes it out that it's somehow obvious Asad used chemical weapons..... Why does nobody consider the possibility of Saudi/Qatar etc. being involved in this by providing chemical weapons to the opposition just as they have been providing standard weaponry?

Can nobody see how it would not have been in Asad's interest to use chemical weapons? I am not defending him or his regime but he is not a stupid crazy man like Saddam - everything they do is calculated.
    I do believe it was the Government forces who used nerve-agent, but it is possible that it was not authorised by Asad. I think the UN will determine it was used by the government forces, but Asad will claim it was a "rogue commander" who sanctioned the use.

Comment

Originally posted by RedSauce View Post
      I do believe it was the Government forces who used nerve-agent, but it is possible that it was not authorised by Asad. I think the UN will determine it was used by the government forces, but Asad will claim it was a "rogue commander" who sanctioned the use.
      your just giving into the media biased IMO - there is no evidence whatsoever to suggest the government had anything to do with it. In a court of law motive is important - think about the motives that Saudi/Qatar have in causing such an event to happen....... I sniff involvement of Israel/Saudi/Qatar in this attack.....

Comment

Dear Mr Assad,

you are an ugly sod but you have quite a fit wife. Most men on this planet would never get round to killing people if they could spend their time in bed with her. Apparently she's even up for some girl on girl action with Angelina Jolie (see enclosed illustration). Please give due consideration to this course of action instead of murdering people.

Yours sincerely,

MTT

ps. I would
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

your just giving into the media biased IMO - there is no evidence whatsoever to suggest the government had anything to do with it. In a court of law motive is important - think about the motives that Saudi/Qatar have in causing such an event to happen....... I sniff involvement of Israel/Saudi/Qatar in this attack.....
          I didn't think about that. I don't see how they will ever find out who was responsible, although there is apparently some "more information" that will be released over the coming days.

Comment

Originally posted by RedSauce View Post
            I didn't think about that. I don't see how they will ever find out who was responsible, although there is apparently some "more information" that will be released over the coming days.
            this is something that the media is cleverly shielding from the masses......

Comment

<Place holder>

I wouldn't put it past him. He's the worst kind of bastard and he's desperate to maintain power; his father stayed in power all his life and weedy little Bashar can't handle the idea of failing where his father 'succeeded'. Not that I'm sure on the intervention thing though; it looks like one of those situations where there's no good option to choose, only awful options and dreadful options.

Comment

this is something that the media is cleverly shielding from the masses......
                Doubt it. You need to be particular mad, upset or vindictive to use chemical weapons and the few times they have been used its rogue army commanders doing it without explicit approval. This looks no different.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  I wouldn't put it past him. He's the worst kind of bastard and he's desperate to maintain power; his father stayed in power all his life and weedy little Bashar can't handle the idea of failing where his father 'succeeded'. Not that I'm sure on the intervention thing though; it looks like one of those situations where there's no good option to choose, only awful options and dreadful options.
                  you seriously think the Saudi royal family are any less mad?

His regime is undoubtedly a bad one but it has been clearly exaggerated by the western media to support particular interests and plans.... The guys we should be really worried about are the ones he is fighting.

Comment

you seriously think the Saudi royal family are any less mad?

His regime is undoubtedly a bad one but it has been clearly exaggerated by the western media to support particular interests and plans.... The guys we should be really worried about are the ones he is fighting.
                    Yes. They are assholes, I don't think they are mad or stupid assholes. Assad's clever, he's a bastard and he's gone loopy. He could easily have sorted out the original protests with some minor reforms or could even have flown off to somewhere sunny with his enormous amount of money, but he chose to stay on and fight simply because he can't stand the idea of being a lesser man than his dad. That's why my first post isn't as mad as it seems; it's all about male psychology.
                    Last edited by Mich the Tester; 27 August 2013, 13:19.

Comment

Working...
                    X