• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Childcare vouchers monthly or yearly?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Childcare vouchers monthly or yearly?

Hi,

I usually pay for childcare direct to the provider from my company account, which works out well as the bill is less than the monthly limit.

My question is is the childcare allowance a monthly or yearly figure. I keep seeing it described as x amount per week or month. But could i simply keep track of how much I've spent and on some months pay more from the company account over and above the monthly figure as long as the total for the year is not exceeded?

sorry if this is a really daft question. I know if you buy vouchers you can pay the full whack each month and store up unused vouchers to use later, but not sure how this works when paying direct from the company account.

cheers

The allowance is weekly or monthly - Stick to your current monthly payment of <£243 to avoid any complications with HMRC.

Note that smaller allowances apply to higher or additional rate taxpayers, though dividends are excluded from your income for this purpose!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin at NixonWilliams View Post
      The allowance is weekly or monthly - Stick to your current monthly payment of <£243 to avoid any complications with HMRC.

Note that smaller allowances apply to higher or additional rate taxpayers, though dividends are excluded from your income for this purpose!
      Thanks! I think then I should start buying actual childcare vouchers then, and hoard the unused until I need them.

Can anyone recommend a cost effective reliable vouchers service?

Comment

Originally posted by Nut View Post
        Thanks! I think then I should start buying actual childcare vouchers then, and hoard the unused until I need them.
        This is possible, but there is more administration involved - make sure the vouchers get used or it may become more costly.

Originally posted by Nut View Post
        Can anyone recommend a cost effective reliable vouchers service?
        I can't recommend anybody, but the most popular providers used by our clients are busybees & kiddivouchers.

I hope this helps.

Martin

Comment

Working...
        X