• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Japanese Tobacco International

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese Tobacco International

Seem to be a lot of roles going at their site in Germany at the moment.

Anyone here working there or been approached about a role? Been given a day rate and told that all flights, hotels, expenses are covered by the client & I can work from home on Fridays.

There is , of course, the ethical question of working for a fag company. Hmmm....

I take it you won't work for a Pharma that tests on animals or a bank paying bonuses? Ethical my arse....
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      I take it you won't work for a Pharma that tests on animals or a bank paying bonuses? Ethical my arse....
      No to big pharma - already turned down Astra Zeneca but yes to banking.

Don't see how you can compare quite frankly.

Comment

NLUK - take it easy on these blokes you know!

Comment

Originally posted by zoco View Post
          There is , of course, the ethical question of working for a fag company. Hmmm....
          I wish this was in General...

This is daft. Just because all 3 are controversial doesn't mean all 3 are unethical, you might consider all 3 to be but someone else might think all 3 are fine - I believe in animal testing for instance. Someone else might be in favour of animal testing and banks paying bonuses, but consider working for a junk-food company to be as bad as working for a tobacco company.

On a more serious note, that sounds quite interesting zoco. Got a link or are you hoarding it in case we all apply
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

On a more serious note, that sounds quite interesting zoco. Got a link or are you hoarding it in case we all apply
            I'll tell you later after I've had me phone interview...

Comment

Admin: Please feel free to move this to general for a wider debate!

Comment

This is daft. Just because all 3 are controversial doesn't mean all 3 are unethical, you might consider all 3 to be but someone else might think all 3 are fine - I believe in animal testing for instance. Someone else might be in favour of animal testing and banks paying bonuses, but consider working for a junk-food company to be as bad as working for a tobacco company.
                Indeed but whichever it is isn't enough of an issue to consider when finding work unless you are a tree hugging swampy type.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I wish this was in General...

I don't see why a Tobacco giant would want to hire a games-dev

Comment

Working...
                  X