• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best cities in the world to live in

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best cities in the world to live in

The world's most liveable cities - 2013 - Telegraph

The Economist Intelligence Unit, which is part of the Economist Group, has released its annual report on the world's most liveable cities. Using a range of criteria, it assesses which locations around the world have the best (and the worst) living conditions.This year's top 10 is dominated by cities in two countries in particular.

And Britain gets........

Cue sasguru with his bollox about London being the best place in the whole world...even though he moved out....

Why is Birmingham not in the list?!?!

Comment

So basically they just have a boner for Oz.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Why is Birmingham not in the list?!?!
        Have you actually been anywhere in the world besides the soviet union and brum?

Thought not.

Comment

Trouble is, it's all a matter of taste. They're all a bit squeaky clean and clinical for me; I like places that are a bit 'edgy', sort of uncut diamonds. Istanbul could be good with the right contract, possibly Detroit if the nascent recovery continues, I like Liverpool, but Hamburg would probably be good too.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            So basically they just have a boner for Oz.
            Basically Aus, NZ and Canada.

Everywhere else is a vile tuliphole. Which sounds about right to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              Hamburg would probably be good too.
              It's full of hipsters. By full, I mean one bar has them. And only on a Tuesday.

As Lennon said "I was born in Liverpool but became a man in Hamburg"

It's a great city IMVHO.

Comment

One of my cousins is in Calgary now - He moved from Dubai last year.

The snow in the winter came as enormous shock to his 2 children who were born and have spent their entire life in the baking hot of Dubai.
                Bazza gets caught
                Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  The world's most liveable cities - 2013 - Telegraph

The Economist Intelligence Unit, which is part of the Economist Group, has released its annual report on the world's most liveable cities. Using a range of criteria, it assesses which locations around the world have the best (and the worst) living conditions.This year's top 10 is dominated by cities in two countries in particular.

And Britain gets........

Cue sasguru with his bollox about London being the best place in the whole world...even though he moved out....
                  I honestly think London is the best city in the world, and I'm well-travelled.
                  As others have noted you'd die of boredom in some of those listed above. I mean Auckland FFS - what are you going to do there? How come all the Kiwis are in London rather than Auckland?
                  And I only moved out to free up cash for a BTL. Less than 30 mins away by train though
                  Last edited by sasguru; 28 August 2013, 12:48.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    Have you actually been anywhere in the world besides the soviet union and brum?

Thought not.
                    Varna, Brussels, Amsterdam

Comment

Working...
                    X