• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agent raising invoive on my Ltd's behalf

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agent raising invoive on my Ltd's behalf

Just accepted a role via an agency called Steria. They insist that this is how the client will be billed.

Sounds a bit suspect to me - how does it sound from an IR35 point of view?

It's an admin function, nothing to do with working conditions so not an issue in my view. Provided you are safely outside based on one of the usual trinity - Control, Substitution or MOO - then it's not relevant.

Just raise your own invoices and keep them for your own records in case you need them later on.
    ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Clare@InTouch View Post
      It's an admin function, nothing to do with working conditions so not an issue in my view. Provided you are safely outside based on one of the usual trinity - Control, Substitution or MOO - then it's not relevant.

Just raise your own invoices and keep them for your own records in case you need them later on.
      Thanks Clare. Let's hope QDOS give me the thumbs up then!

Comment

Originally posted by Freaki Li Cuatre View Post
        Sounds a bit suspect to me - how does it sound from an IR35 point of view?
        How can people can know so little about IR35 beggars belief.

This is either utterly ridiculous or a troll.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I presume this is a form of "self billing" where the agency raises the invoice. That's fine and normal procedure because it simplifies the agency's admin.

Yep, I wouldn't just trust a third party raise my invoices for me. Sometimes they get it wrong.

What I do is keep a spreadsheet of the invoices, amounts and the date they should be raised and paid so I can keep track of them that way.
          Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Steria aren't an agency - they are an IT solutions provider.

Formerly Druid, then Xansa, then bought by Steria, who are French IIRC. I contracted to Xansa when they were bought out by Steria, and have been back to Steria since.

What you mean is that they operate self-billing, based on you completing their timesheet system. Weekly invoicing paid on 28 day terms.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

If it's their standard contract, then unless it's been reworded in the past couple of years, expect a failure.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

They will send you a copy of the invoice as a PDF when it gets paid.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  They will send you a copy of the invoice as a PDF when it gets paid.
                  Aye, my current Agency offered me self-billing, which I took them up on. Each time an invoice is raised, which had always been prompt, they email a PDF. Same for Remittance slips every week.
                  Certainly not a worry or even point in terms of IR35....still, lots of Hector stuff here... for your reading pleasure.
                  latest-and-greatest solution (TM) kevpuk 2013

Comment

Too late if you've accepted.

Comment

Working...
                    X