• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Toyota Aygo

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toyota Aygo

Brought the J-a-a-a-a-g for servicing at a garage that someone recommended, got a 'free' replacement car for the day; a Toyota Aygo. People, if you have become accustomed to a contractormobile, do not consider buying this car. It is slow, noisy, rattly, wobbly, plasticky, tacky, yucky and generally poo. I have renamed it the Toyota Aygoslowly. It can't hold it's speed up a hill, acceleration is sort of, well, tomorrow, and while I know that the Toyota Corporation make several products that excel in many ways, this is not one of them.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

If it can't get up a hill in Holland then some poor bugger in Switzerland is well ****ed!
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      If it can't get up a hill in Holland then some poor bugger in Switzerland is well ****ed!
      It wasn't even a hill, it was a viaduct that wasn't very steep.

Comment

You're not comparing apples with apples are you, you've got a grape and you're complaining that its not as satisfying as granny smith.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
          You're not comparing apples with apples are you, you've got a grape and you're complaining that its not as satisfying as granny smith.
          A grape? A bloody elderberry more like.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            I had one as a courtesy car a couple of years back. The Aygo is a car with split personality. Around a busy town its brilliant, you can see absolutely everything.

Outside a town its a scarily slow piece of junk. On the motorway I was Mr slow with the choice of vaguely bearable drive at 55mph or shaken to death at 56+. And I drive a mini as my main car so I know what 80mph in a small car is like.

It could however be worse. The IQ makes the Aygo look big.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
              Agreed. If you're in a city centre and likely to be dinged and scraped and your one use of the car a week is 10 minutes to the local supermarket, the Aygo can't be beaten.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                Agreed. If you're in a city centre and likely to be dinged and scraped and your one use of the car a week is 10 minutes to the local supermarket, the Aygo can't be beaten.
                If you want a valid comparison I can compare it to Lady Tester's Fiat, the umpteenth in a line of tiny Italian cars that she drives; that can accelerate acceptably AND go uphill. There's no excuse Mr Toyota; this car is crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  It wasn't even a hill, it was a viaduct that wasn't very steep.
                  Have you tried dieting?
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    I had one as a courtesy car a couple of years back. The Aygo is a car with split personality. Around a busy town its brilliant, you can see absolutely everything.

Outside a town its a scarily slow piece of junk. On the motorway I was Mr slow with the choice of vaguely bearable drive at 55mph or shaken to death at 56+. And I drive a mini as my main car so I know what 80mph in a small car is like.

It could however be worse. The IQ makes the Aygo look big.
                    Indeed, scarily slow on the big roads.

Comment

Working...
                    X