• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Simba!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simba!

I was out on the disused railway last night, checking out my new night vision scope.

I'll put some images up later on , but holy moley, these things are fantastic. 100 times better than the last set I used a few decades ago. When you switch to infra red, you can see the little cweatures hiding in the bushes

best 500 quid I ever spent

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Oooh what did you get? Post a linky.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      Oooh what did you get? Post a linky.
      simba
      (\__/)
      (>'.'<)

Comment

That looks very cool. I might look into one of those myself.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

there were a few stars out and a few street lamps over yonder behind the trees and over the embankment. but that was so much light, I had to keep the lens cap on

using the scope ,it was as clear as broad daylight, yet without , it was pitch black

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)

Comment

Hmm, not so keen on the idea of an IR illuminator, as that would disclose your location to someone with another IR scope.

Surely a passive IR scope would be better.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Just gotta find where all the lovers lanes are in your area now.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                Hmm, not so keen on the idea of an IR illuminator, as that would disclose your location to someone with another IR scope.
                But you would be able to see them coming...
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  But you would be able to see them coming...
                  Who? The doggers?
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

Surely a passive IR scope would be better.
                    I bought a Sony night vision camera on eBay (£30) and an IR torch (£5). I use it to check the garden at night. They work fine, the camera is also good for detecting IR CCTVs.
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                    X