• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Want to share services of a lawyer and accountant among a group of us

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Want to share services of a lawyer and accountant among a group of us

Hi,
    I'm testing for interest on the idea of a largeish group, maybe dozens, I dont know hiring a lawyer and an accountant to negotiate oour contracts and look after our companies and maybe expand into other services
    We should be able to get a very favourable deal better than going it alone, but not tied to each other.

your thoughts would be interesting.

For exapmle, how much would be agood deal?

You mean like QDOS, Baur & Cottrell, SJD, InTouch etc etc???!?

Are you 'financial analysts' sockie?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      You mean like QDOS, Baur & Cottrell, SJD, InTouch etc etc???!?
      No. He means like Darren Upton.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Lawyer = money grabbing crook (apart from two QCs I know)
        Accountant, good ones are very expensive and would cost more than I earn however, they are not contract negotiators; that comes with experience and skill.
        I suggest you do some reading on contract law at the library.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Edt View Post
          Hi,
          I'm testing for interest on the idea of a largeish group, maybe dozens, I dont know hiring a lawyer and an accountant to negotiate oour contracts and look after our companies and maybe expand into other services
          We should be able to get a very favourable deal better than going it alone, but not tied to each other.

How would that work?
          Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
          +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
            How would that work?
            Much better with one 'o'
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
              Much better with one 'o'
              OOUR

OOURИз Википедије, слободне енциклопедије
              Скочи на: навигација, претрага Основна јединица удруженог рада била је организациони део радне организације преко које радни људи остварују самоуправљање средствима друштвене репродукције и обезбеђују учешће у дохотку на начелима солидарности и узајамности, у складу са самопуравним споразумима и друштвеним договорима. Овакво поимање процеса рада и његове организације било је изведено из Марксовог учења и комунистичке идеологије уопште.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

This smells a little like the OP wants to set up a contractor's union.
                Get on to Bob Crow and see if he wants to help out.

Comment

Originally posted by Edt View Post
                  Hi,

20% sounds reasonable.
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

You'd get more takers if you suggested sharing the services of a boatload of hookers.
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                    X