• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Does anyone remember James Burke?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone remember James Burke?

He was on radio 4 this morning. we all thought he was dead.
    Brilliant and fascinating man:

https://news.ok.ubc.ca/2013/01/23/te...tys-not-ready/

without doubt the world will change dramatically over the next 50 years
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

James Burke's Connections. How could I ever forget, Great TV.

ISTR he also did the TV coverage for the moon landings.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post

Thats an interesting view DA. Do you have any evidence to back it up ?

Most people I know think the world will be exactly the same as it is now. Nothing will change, except the Hovis adverts will have bagpipes instead of trombones.

I have put my grandkids on alert, thanks to your prophesy. Things will definately change.

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

The Tomorrow's World presenter who predicted free electricity from nuclear power and we will all be using flying machines to get to work by the year 2000
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

My favourite TV presenter of all time (just edging out The Beloved Attenbrough). I heard him on Radio 4 PM yesterday.

They read his 20 year predictions (that took 40 years to come true but who's quibbling).

Fascinating what he thinks about the next 40 years with nano-technology coming to the fore.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Yet another in the long list of Oxbridge English graduates with great communication skills, but no real depth to their scientific knowledge, taking in the masses.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              Yet another in the long list of Oxbridge English graduates with great communication skills, but no real depth to their scientific knowledge, taking in the masses.
              He has that rare skill of being bright and having a strong technical understanding but can communicate complex technologies to anyone. Unlike most of you propeller heads who like to hide behind your technolgy
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
              X