• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reference to named individual in contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reference to named individual in contract

A couple of days ago I sent a draft contract to QDOS & they passed it.

Just received the final version & it mentions my name as being the contractor representative in the schedule. Just in one place - everywhere else it's my Ltd's name but I seem to recall contracts having failed before for having a reference to a named individual.

Anyone got an thoughts? I'm starting on Monday and don't really have any time to go back to QDOS.

Most contracts will name the individual in the schedule. If it's clear the contract is between your company and the agency and there's a right of substitution it won't cause a problem.

It would be ideal if you were referred to in the schedule as 'Initial Representative', or if it stated 'or agreed substitute' after your name, but that's certainly not a requirement.
    Qdos Contractor - IR35 experts

Comment

That's great, thanks. There are also some special conditions attached to the standard schedule that I haven't had checked out. I may have to run it past someone again - don't suppose you do the 24 hour turnaround service over the weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by zoco View Post
        That's great, thanks. There are also some special conditions attached to the standard schedule that I haven't had checked out. I may have to run it past someone again - don't suppose you do the 24 hour turnaround service over the weekend?
        We're not open over the weekend, but if you email them to me I can have a quick look today. I'll PM you.
        Qdos Contractor - IR35 experts

Comment

Originally posted by Qdos Consulting View Post
          We're not open over the weekend, but if you email them to me I can have a quick look today. I'll PM you.
          Blimey! Now that's service!!

Comment

Originally posted by GillsMan View Post
            Blimey! Now that's service!!
            +1

Comment

I really have to say hats off to QDOS for sorting me out over this matter. Thanks a million.

Comment

Working...
              X