• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Whatever happened to...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whatever happened to...

IT Contractors with sandals, bad attitudes and BO.

I remember when I did the start up for Virgin Mobile when I as a green behind the ears contractor and everyone was on the band wagon, I came across a few different types of contractor.

The first was the 'I only work for £500 per/day' chap who had few skills and really should have been a permie but had got an overinflated sense of worth. I believe all of these guys are now back in perm land.

The 'I get £500 per day and fly everywhere in Business Class'. They have all gone bankrupt. I met a guy who would fly Business Class to Scotland FFS!!!!

and the most interesting. The guy with sandals, big beard, unwashed clothes and BO who was considered the greatest thing in slice bread in the 'new technology'. IE. HTML, Javascript. The guy who worked at Virgin was obnoxoius as hell and was being paid about £1k a day. Have these people evolved or have they all died out?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Actually I think it was this guy

What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
      The 'I get £500 per day and fly everywhere in Business Class'. They have all gone bankrupt. I met a guy who would fly Business Class to Scotland FFS!!!!
      They still exist, believe me. I met some recently and they're all being paid for by your tax dollars.
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt
        I met some recently and they're all being paid for by your tax dollars.
        Only this time its the partners of Accentures and EDSes of this world who get most of £1k per day they bill those guys for.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
          IT Contractors with sandals, bad attitudes and BO.
          I met one once who had 2 out of the 3. He may have had the sandals at home somewhere, I never bothered to ask. I think he went off to open a tat shop in a chav town.

His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
          X