• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I for one welcome the inequality

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I for one welcome the inequality

BBC News - Agency workers not being paid equally, TUC says
    Coffee's for closers

Actually with a good agency its not bad, many will work very happily for years like this, they also get holiday & sick pay now.

But of course all the Big agencies found ways round it and still stick to the poor. The large companies fed up with paying big agencies to supply crud staff at rates they are willing to pay are now acting as agents themselves.

Most lowly skilled agency workers are seeing pay pushed down due to excess supply, something to do with Lord Slimeyson sending out search parties to import cheap labour to screw their core vote. Of course many areas will still vote for a Monkey with a red rosette or just fiddle the postal votes.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      Yes.

Ol' Dodgy (or some clone thereof) was on R4 this morning saying how wonderful it was for all these temporary workers to paid by the employment agency.
      Would not have been me. It is wonderful being paid for their work. Not so wonderful then having to pay the scrounging freeloading shysters.
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        Would not have been me. It is wonderful being paid for their work. Not so wonderful then having to pay the scrounging freeloading shysters.
        Your agents?

Comment

Working...
        X