• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why are people so selfish...?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are people so selfish...?

Its all about me me me !! We live in a very selfish society full of greed, hate, and lack of self control.
    Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Originally posted by Chico
    lack of self control.
    I hear your God Chico has got excellent self-control: his creatures are killing each other in his name, yet he would not lift a finger to do anything.

Comment

Its all about me me me !! We live in a very selfish society full of greed, hate, and lack of self control.
      I really resent that I wasted 5 seconds of my time reading that.

Comment

We live in a very selfish society full of greed, hate, and lack of self control.
        Well, you would know being an acknowledged expert in those vices.

Comment

Change your perception dude - it's all in the mind ...

Comment

What's that saying

about pointing 1 finger at someone else means your pointing 3 fingers at yourself?
            Projection, possibly?
            Why not?

Comment

And what has bought on this little outburst Chico? Someone wouldn't share their dollie mixtures with you?

I know I will regret asking you this but, as long as you harm no-one else, what is wrong with looking after number one?

p.s. if the answer will involve quotes from the bible/alpha course please ignore question

Comment

I suggest it is in part because the charity that is forced on us is highly unnatural. In tribal societies (draws on extensive expertise from watching a few things on TV) people look after each other because they know or at least know of each other and also know that when they are in need they will be helped in turn.

In our society we are obliged to care for those we do not know regardless of their deserts in accord with the whims of a remote administration and will often find no reciprocality due to the application of daft rules.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Its all about me me me !!
                  No it's not, it's all about me, nobber!

Comment

I wish you had enough self control not to greedily hog the forum with your hate filled rantings. Bloody selfish that's wot it is.

Comment

Working...
                    X