• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

British Telecom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

British Telecom

My accounts person is away on holiday so I went to check whether we had been paid £13k by one of our client only to see an £8k increase in the balance. I dug a bit deeper thinking maybe it was an HMRC direct debit for VAT or something. It was indeed a DD but it was BT that had helped themselves to £5000 from our account. Now considering that we only pay £150 per month to these people I thought this was a bit strange. Had we not paid them for the last 3 years or what I thought? No every month had been paid. Fortunately I think I caught it in time to cancel the Direct Debit and it should be returned tomorrow.

I am going to be on their case tomorrow. What a damn cheek.
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Have fun speaking to Mahesh.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      Have fun speaking to Mahesh.
      Kenneth.

From Bangalore.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        What a damn cheek.
        Why won't you blame Thatcher for breaking up BT's monopoly and selling them off?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Why won't you blame Thatcher for breaking up BT's monopoly and selling them off?
          If it wasnt for Thatcher £5000 a month would have been the discount rate for their services.
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            If it wasnt for Thatcher £5000 a month would have been the discount rate for their services.

Comment

Direct Debit = someone has control of when and how much money to take from your account.

Standing order = YOU have the control.
              Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

What amateur allows others to collect money from their account?
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

BT = Bangalore Telecom, and they are a national disgrace, their main claim to fame being importing tens of thousands of workers into the country on ICT work visas from India, many of which have now gone onto having British passports, continually offering voluntary redundancy to their entire workforce so that the best always leave, and other wide and various bad business practises.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
                    continually offering voluntary redundancy to their entire workforce so that the best always leave

4 weeks pay for every year of service +10% 'early leaving' bonus.

Comment

Working...
                    X