• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Microsoft to buy Nokia

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Microsoft to buy Nokia

BBC News - Microsoft to buy Nokia's mobile phone unit
    Microsoft buys Nokia's mobile business

Well, to buy only their mobile phone business, approx half the entire business.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Could see that coming a mile off.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      BBC News - Microsoft to buy Nokia's mobile phone unit
      Microsoft buys Nokia's mobile business

Well, to buy only their mobile phone business, approx half the entire business.
      I think this is a good deal for MS however I think they will loose the partners they have in WP in HTC, LG and Samsung as a result.

I think the odds on Stephen Elop getting the top job at MS have been slashed but I think he will get another senior job elsewhere leading the now vastly bigger devices business.

Comment

History will be yet again changed to Microsoft invented the mobile phone
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          History will be yet again changed to Microsoft invented the mobile phone

I thought Apple invented it

Comment

It seems to me Google & Microsoft try to increase their market share through purchasing other companies (often failing companies), while Apple creates its market share through innovation.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by redgiant View Post
              I think this is a good deal for MS however I think they will loose the partners they have in WP in HTC, LG and Samsung as a result.

I think the odds on Stephen Elop getting the top job at MS have been slashed but I think he will get another senior job elsewhere leading the now vastly bigger devices business.
              As the fifth columist for Microsoft who single handedly destroyed Nokia handing Microsoft all those patents on the cheap, nah they'll probably push him out nowthey don't need him
              Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                It seems to me Google & Microsoft try to increase their market share through purchasing other companies (often failing companies), while Apple creates its market share through innovation.
                I can't remember the last innovation Apple have come up with, everything is just something already existing but more appealing to hipsters
                Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
                  I can't remember the last innovation Apple have come up with, everything is just something already existing but more appealing to people, not geeks
                  FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
                    I can't remember the last innovation Apple have come up with, everything is just something already existing but more appealing to hipsters
                    They were the first to place a accelerometer in the phone, now everyone does it as standard.
                    Apple pioneered the previous generation of smartphone displays in 2010, now everybody is installing HD displays on there devices.
                    Show me another computer that has the design & performance of the rMBP - it does not exist.
                    IOS for mobile devices, nearly everyone uses the latest software in their iPhones, compare that with Android, it sucks and we know.

Nearly every manufacturer out there has been following apples lead.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X