• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ex permie contractor visiting clientco

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ex permie contractor visiting clientco

Chappy who was a permie here until two months ago has just wandered in to visit; he left to go contracting at another big local firm and is enjoying that. How long do you think it took for the permies to start asking him about the bags of money he's earning as a contractor? More than or less than one minute?

Sad twats.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Lets hope they all follow him then you get a massive pay rise. Boomed!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Lets hope they all follow him then you get a massive pay rise. Boomed!
      Well, of course that option is open to them, but they don't take it. They'd rather whine about other people allegedly earning so much more than them.

Comment

The ones that are willing and able ( not that many ) usually get overruled by the wife into making the move.

Comment

Why would you ever visit a place you have worked before unless you are being paid?

80% of permie office people are unbearably dull or annoying, the only reason I sit in the same building as them is because of my daily rate.

Comment

Originally posted by proggy View Post
            Why would you ever visit a place you have worked before unless you are being paid?
            I have pointed this out to him. He admitted he's still learning about contracting.

Comment

80% of permie office people are unbearably dull or annoying, the only reason I sit in the same building as them is because of my daily rate.
              Yep, if they have a wine shop and I still get a staff discount

Comment

Networking? Making sure your face is still known when a contract comes up...
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  I have pointed this out to him. He admitted he's still learning about contracting.
                  I used to work with a permie that regularly came in during his holidays...

Comment

Nothing worse than ex-permies coming for a visit. No one cares. Don't do it.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X