• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tricky medical issue

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tricky medical issue

I have gone deaf in one ear over the last two days. This morning I phoned the GP at 8.35 and they offered me an appointment at 8.50. A nice young lady doctor suggested that since my ears were so full of wax she couldn't even see the ear-drum, clearing that would be a good first step (she seemed a bit grossed out which put a crimp in my flirting) and prescribed olive oil drops and making an ear syringing appointment.

But which bloody olive oil should I use? I've got a lemony one and a slightly spicy one from a trip to Sonoma, which would be best? Would other kitchen products work as well, should I stick a bit of balsamic in there too?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I have gone deaf in one ear over the last two days. This morning I phoned the GP at 8.35 and they offered me an appointment at 8.50.
    No they didn't; put your phone to the other ear and you'd know it was for next Wednesday.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Doctor, doctor. I think I'm going deaf.

What are the symptoms?

They're a cartoon family from Springfield.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        I have gone deaf in one ear over the last two days. This morning I phoned the GP at 8.35 and they offered me an appointment at 8.50. A nice young lady doctor suggested that since my ears were so full of wax she couldn't even see the ear-drum, clearing that would be a good first step (she seemed a bit grossed out which put a crimp in my flirting) and prescribed olive oil drops and making an ear syringing appointment.

But which bloody olive oil should I use? I've got a lemony one and a slightly spicy one from a trip to Sonoma, which would be best? Would other kitchen products work as well, should I stick a bit of balsamic in there too?
        I have this problem every year, don't use olive oil, get otex ear drops which will break up the wax.

You''ll need to do this for at least 5 days twice a day before getting your ears syringed, oh and be prepared for the hearing loss to get worse as the wax softens.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Try chilli oil. Earwax will be the least of your worries.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Don't you have a Karcher?

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Hopi Ear Candles are very effective, have used them myself in the past...

Comment

Very funny that a nerd like you can conjure up the nerdiest of ailments

Comment

Oh prepare to go even more deaf. It takes 10 days for it to soak in before they can syringe.
                  There's some stuff at the chemist you can use which is better. I had it last year really bad after getting off a plane. I was going up the wall after using the oil.
                  Alternatively google it, there are some places you can go to where they will do it without the oil.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

NSFW - there you go!

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/467...loryhole-o.gif
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X