• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Life keeps you in check

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Life keeps you in check

when you're 20 ish, you want to learn the ropes and get the well paid job, porsche, big house, lots of girls and dream of when you're 40 you can retire, when you get to 30ish you have the well paid job, house and porsche trophy wife but still not satisfied, when you get to 40ish you have to start all over again because you lost it all due to something in life like a divorce, illness or big income tax bill and you realise that it's not that simple and why did you bother in the first place, .......can anyone in their 50's take over ?

Originally posted by Andyw
    when you're 20 ish, you want to learn the ropes and get the well paid job, porsche, big house, lots of girls and dream of when you're 40 you can retire, when you get to 30ish you have the well paid job, house and porsche trophy wife but still not satisfied, when you get to 40ish you have to start all over again because you lost it all due to something in life like a divorce, illness or big income tax bill and you realise that it's not that simple and why did you bother in the first place, .......can anyone in their 50's take over ?
    Nope, they're all dead.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

It's not life. It just YOUR life, loser.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Forget the "job", become a business, hire the Porsche and shag someone elses trophy wife.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
          Forget the "job", become a business, hire the Porsche and shag someone elses trophy wife.

HTH
          That is the correct motorcycle!
          http://nickmueller.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
            It's not life. It just YOUR life, loser.

Oh I see piss guru is on form today

Comment

Aye Andy

Very True.

The only answer is ....

Down in the Jungle living in a tent
              Dont use money dont pay rent
              Dont even know the time but you dont mind

When your pile ..is on the wane
              You dont complain ...of robbery

Whats the use of worrying ...no use !
              Whats the use of hurrying ... no use !

WHATS THE USE OF ANYTHING?

Comment

How about I drive your porsche through your house whilst banging your trophy wife?

Comment

American Express tried an ad that expressed the changing ages:
                  Age 17, ambition: buy suit.
                  Age 35, ambition: buy handmade suit.
                  Age 52, ambition: burn suit.

I felt I understood that, from my own experience:
                  age 22, apply for American Express card (invited to reapply later in life).
                  age 37, accept pre-approved American Express Gold Card.
                  age 51, close American Express account.

Comment

Originally posted by expat
                    American Express tried an ad that expressed the changing ages:
                    Age 17, ambition: buy suit.
                    Age 35, ambition: buy handmade suit.
                    Age 52, ambition: burn suit.

I felt I understood that, from my own experience:
                    age 22, apply for American Express card (invited to reapply later in life).
                    age 37, accept pre-approved American Express Gold Card.
                    age 51, close American Express account.

How very true, I was given a platinum card "wow by invitation only" only to find that it has no more spending power than a green or gold card, when I decided to spend more than my monthly profile/limit, it got reffered to Amex ! who then said they needed bank refs etc !!! so much for no questions asked spending power !

Comment

Working...
                    X