• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

World's best cities

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

World's best cities

What's the best city in the world?
    Ipsos MORI

Quite different to that recent list of the best cities to live in.

Among young people around the world we tie with New York as THE most popular place to live on the planet. Together with positive signs for the UK economy and London generally, and after a brilliant Olympics in 2012, this survey reaffirms London as not only the most important city in Europe, but also affirms Britain continuing to punch above its weight globally.”
    So skew the poll to favour young people and make sure anyone with experience and acquired taste is not included?
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I wonder what qualifies as 'best' - certainly not affordability of living, is my guess.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        I wonder what qualifies as 'best' - certainly not affordability of living, is my guess.
        Nope, they're all more expensive than a council flat in Glasgow
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
          So skew the poll to favour young people and make sure anyone with experience and acquired taste is not included?
          I hate to sound like Sas but do you have trouble understanding statistics? The poll isn't skewed, they surveyed people between 16 and 64. The quote you referred to was pointing out a particular sub-group.

The research is based on an international sample of 18,147 adults aged 18-64 in the US and Canada, and age 16-64 in all other countries. Sample size is approximately 1,000 per country, with the exception of Argentina, Belgium, Hungary, Indonesia, Mexico, Poland, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, South Korea, Sweden and Turkey, where each have a sample approximately 500+.

Weighting was then employed to balance demographics and ensure that the sample's composition reflects that of the adult population according to the most recent country Census data.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            Well someone earning so little as to only pay Euro 30K in tax would not be able to afford to live in London, no
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
            X