• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Now this pisses me off

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now this pisses me off

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/5234378.stm

A City worker employed in a "department from hell" has won about £800,000 damages for bullying.
    Helen Green, 36, sued Deutsche Bank Group Services (UK) Ltd claiming harassment by colleagues and a lack of support from bosses.

She said colleagues stonewalled her, laughed in her face, blew raspberries and told her: "You stink". But the firm denied any bullying or harassment.

The judge awarded her £35,000 for pain and suffering, £25,000 for her disadvantage in the labour market, £128,000 for lost earnings and £640,000 for future loss of earnings including a pension.

FFS £800K "compensation".

People are killed and mained, hit by uninsured drivers, injured by bombs and such like and get almost nothing in comparison.

Last edited by DimPrawn; 1 August 2006, 14:08.

They can afford it so who cares !

Comment

Originally posted by Andyw
      They can afford it so who cares !
      That is completely beside the point you muppet. This will now have gone onto the statute books and set a precedent for all kinds of other stupid claims by oversensitive women

Comment

Originally posted by John Galt
        That is completely beside the point you muppet. This will now have gone onto the statute books and set a precedent for all kinds of other stupid claims by oversensitive women
        Like I care ! it's going to happen anyway ! whether we like it or not

Comment

Originally posted by John Galt
          Can't believe I'm agreeing with AndyWanker, but do you know all the facts? How do you know it's a "stupid" claim from an "oversensitive" woman?
          If there was bullying, she deserves compensation - I'm not sure what her salary was, but £800k for a highly paid City worker is not much - that might be less than her yearly bonus.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
            Can't believe I'm agreeing with AndyWanker, but do you know all the facts? How do you know it's a "stupid" claim from an "oversensitive" woman?
            If there was bullying, she deserves compensation - I'm not sure what her salary was, but £800k for a highly paid City worker is not much - that might be less than her yearly bonus.

Rock on bud !

Comment

Jealous DimPrawn?

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
                Made to feel uncomfortable by "crude and lewd comments", her colleagues would remove her name from circulation lists, hide her post and remove papers from her desk, she told the court.
                Read the article. See if you think someone crippled for life is worth £10K compensation and a woman who had colleagues ignore her is worth £800K in compensation.

Comment

Originally posted by bobsmithldn
                  Jealous DimPrawn?
                  Yes that's all it is. I'm jealous. Well spotted.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
                    Yes that's all it is. I'm jealous. Well spotted.
                    Excellent, another top quality CUK post ...

... NEXT ...

Comment

Working...
                    X