• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best provider for mobile internet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best provider for mobile internet

I move around a lot. What provider has the best mobile broadband coverage (3g etc). I'm with O2 and its pretty hopeless unless I'm in a big town. Otherwise I just get gprs which is hopelessly slow.

I have a MiFi with Three (£15 a month for 15GB) and is much much better than the O2 coverage I get from my phone
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

why would you pay £15 a month for 15GB with three?

with three you can get a uncapped data SIM, 2000 mins of voice, etc for 18 quid a month SIM only contract free, or 15 quid a month SIM only if you are prepared to commit to 12 months contract

stick such an uncapped SIM in a cheap 3G phone and use that to run your mobile hotspot

as for which provider is the best it depends where you spend your time and where you travel etc

Comment

Three is pretty good

I have a monthly contract with them and stopped using the dongle, I just tether now.
        Watch out for the small print with Three, only ONE of their contract plans allows for tethering
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

I almost dumped 3 at the end of the last contract to go to giffgaff. The salesman pointed out that they wouldn't let me tether which was correct and seeing the lack of coverage on O2, I'm glad I'm still with them. Not so impressed with the daily sales call from them but I recognise their numbers now and decline the call.

Comment

Originally posted by zoco View Post
            I move around a lot
            Like a riverdancer?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
              why would you pay £15 a month for 15GB with three?

with three you can get a uncapped data SIM, 2000 mins of voice, etc for 18 quid a month SIM only contract free, or 15 quid a month SIM only if you are prepared to commit to 12 months contract

stick such an uncapped SIM in a cheap 3G phone and use that to run your mobile hotspot

as for which provider is the best it depends where you spend your time and where you travel etc
              Because £15 a month is less than £18 a month and I have never come close to using the 15gb

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                I have a MiFi with Three (£15 a month for 15GB) and is much much better than the O2 coverage I get from my phone
                Am I missing something here but woukdnt it make sense to ditch the O2 contract and use three for both phone and broadband?

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  Like suity?
                  FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by zoco View Post
                    Am I missing something here but woukdnt it make sense to ditch the O2 contract and use three for both phone and broadband?
                    No cause my iPad has the data only contract and my phone the voice tarrif, one is personal one is the companies

Comment

Working...
                    X