• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Security Watchdog Screening Bureau

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Security Watchdog Screening Bureau

Anybody been vetted by these people?
    How quick are they at concluding the vetting?

Originally posted by naijamanuk View Post
    Anybody been vetted by these people?
    How quick are they at concluding the vetting?
    It's not a vetting service. They are just reselling the basic pre-employment checks that anyone can get done for themselves. It's a service for employers who can't be bothered to do the checks themselves or who want to offload the risk of getting it wrong to a third party.

None of what they offer is special in anyway.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      It's not a vetting service. They are just reselling the basic pre-employment checks that anyone can get done for themselves. It's a service for employers who can't be bothered to do the checks themselves or who want to offload the risk of getting it wrong to a third party.

What DaveB said. It took them about 1/2 day to do mine but I ensured I was available to resolve any issues they had to come up with agreeable solutions. Others took longer
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post

From what the agency told me they are quite thorough and check references for the last ten years. Problem is i have lost all contact details of the agency or colleagues i worked with during a short contract in 2004.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          What DaveB said. It took them about 1/2 day to do mine but I ensured I was available to resolve any issues they had to come up with agreeable solutions. Others took longer
          Thanks
          How far back did they check your references? My role is with a Financial services client and the agency said they would want refs going back ten years.

Comment

Thanks
            How far back did they check your references? My role is with a Financial services client and the agency said they would want refs going back ten years.
            8 years but to be honest that wasn't difficult in my case
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

From what the agency told me they are quite thorough and check references for the last ten years. Problem is i have lost all contact details of the agency or colleagues i worked with during a short contract in 2004.
              From what I understand thats normal for finance gigs. It's just that the client has outsourced the checking to these guys rather than do it themselves.

Can you check your bank statements for the period and get the agency name from them, and then get contact details that way? Give the checking company the generic contact details for the agency and let them sort it out from there, or try and contact the agency yourself and ask them to dig up the records.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Been filling in the company forms online and the buggers are actually asking for my NI number and past salary... whats that all about?
                I am definitely not going to tell them my past rates. they can eff off.

Comment

Been filling in the company forms online and the buggers are actually asking for my NI number and past salary... whats that all about?
                  I am definitely not going to tell them my past rates. they can eff off.
                  Surely you weren't paying your entire rate to yourself as salary? I'd think they are asking about your salary, not the amount your company invoices for.

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
                    Surely you weren't paying your entire rate to yourself as salary? I'd think they are asking about your salary, not the amount your company invoices for.
                    +1. A basic fail distinguishing the difference between the amount the company bills and what you are personally paid. Totally different things.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X