• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agile is Tulip!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agile is Tulip!

And Agile 2 is even worse! Allegedly.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

To be fair, it doesn't sound like those numpties would have succeeded using any methodology.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
      To be fair, it doesn't sound like those numpties would have succeeded using any methodology.
      Exactly.
      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

The key to this was not that the project methodology was wrong but that the key concept of everything on line was flawed.
        Interestingly enough we have just done the same thing a few of us(me included obviously!) identified about 14 months ago that very little of what we offered as a product was really viable to do online.

14 months and about 2 million quid later the expert project team came to the same conclusion.

If the exec's had listened to IT ( and lets face it IT people know the interweb) then money would have been saved and the online portion would have been delivered and generating profit about 10 months ago.

In summation blame the chiefs not the Indians

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          In summation blame the chiefs not the Indians
          Although to be fair, as Crapita outsourced it, we can blame the Indians as well....

Comment

I knew that was coming but you know what I mean! Thing is consultants are there to make money for themselves whilst ensuring they cannot be blamed for failure. Delivering the project is not priority 1.

Comment

As one of the Telegraph commentards points out:

I highly suspect it was actually waterfall/prince2/ or some heavy weight upfront methodology, posing as agile.
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Prince 2 take it and you become an instant project manager, it's the rules
                Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

I don't like prescriptive methodologies.

What's the difference between a methodologist and a terrorist?
                  "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by Freamon View Post
                    I don't like prescriptive methodologies.

What's the difference between a methodologist and a terrorist?
                    Terrorists sometimes succeed.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X