• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A Lucky Escape

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Lucky Escape

I was in the car on the way to the client co office this morning when I accidentally dropped my phone in the passenger footwell. I reached down to pick it up and when I looked back out in front there was a van doing about 20mph. It was foggy but it wasn't even bad enough for me to bother turning my lights on. I swerved round him almost clipping another van which itself had to take evasive maneuvers .

Anyway, I stopped at the next lay-by as the phone was still in the footwell and I'd missed a call. Looks like I was doubly lucky cause had I been slightly slower I would never had made it in to work as some tit had caused a right massive pile up on that road!!!
    Coffee's for closers

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    I was in the car on the way to the client co office this morning when I accidentally dropped my phone in the passenger footwell. I reached down to pick it up and when I looked back out in front there was a van doing about 20mph. It was foggy but it wasn't even bad enough for me to bother turning my lights on. I swerved round him almost clipping another van which itself had to take evasive maneuvers .

Anyway, I stopped at the next lay-by as the phone was still in the footwell and I'd missed a call. Looks like I was doubly lucky cause had I been slightly slower I would never had made it in to work as some tit had caused a right massive pile up on that road!!!
    you Kent based by any change
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Naughty SC.
      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

I was in the car on the way to the client co office this morning when I accidentally dropped my phone in the passenger footwell. I reached down to pick it up and when I looked back out in front there was a van doing about 20mph. It was foggy but it wasn't even bad enough for me to bother turning my lights on.
        If it's foggy put some Iights on.

If some idiot then hits you they can't claim they didn't see you.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          I would just like to say that accident had nothing to do with me!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            If it's foggy put some Iights on.

If some idiot then hits you they can't claim they didn't see you.
            Stationary with your lights on, you might get surrounded by doggers
            Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Ever heard of bluetooth?
              Blood in your poo

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                I can understand some crashes - but 200 cars?

Is everyone on the Isle of Sheppy thick? Oh yes, I see your point....

Comment

Once on my way to Milan airporrt to pick someone up I drove through fog so thick I couldn't see the overhead gantries, signs, white lines or sliproads (hence totally missed the turn and got very lost).

It was fooking terrifying. I've never been so glad to get out of a car. At least not one I was driving.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Anyway, I stopped at the next lay-by as the phone was still in the footwell and I'd missed a call.
                    "1 missed call"

Message...

"We've been trying to contact you regarding your PPI claim"
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X