• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Only non Indian in team

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only non Indian in team

Anyone been in this situation?

I know you like going on about Bobs but they seem very nice. Lunchtines are an experience as they all want to share the spicey lunches prepared by their wives that they bring in tiffin tins.

I've had dhosa massala and idly fry this week - neither of which Ive had before. And while I'm scoffing it they all want to know my life story.

Actually, that's not entirely true...
    There's also a Sri Lankan, three Pakistanis and a Ugandan.
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by zoco View Post
      Anyone been in this situation?

I know you like going on about Bobs but they seem very nice. Lunchtines are an experience as they all want to share the spicey lunches prepared by their wives that they bring in tiffin tins.

I've had dhosa massala and idly fry this week - neither of which Ive had before. And while I'm scoffing it they all want to know my life story.
      I don't think anyone on here has a problem with the nice competent "Bobs". Its the typical incompetent ones that we have issues with.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        I don't think anyone on here has a problem with the nice competent "Bobs". Its the typical incompetent ones that we have issues with.
        Even the incompetent ones are only trying to make a living

Its the companies who employ the incompetent bobs by the boat load in order to reduce costs at the expense of decent, reliable code which I have issues with
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

So you are the "cowboy" amongst the indians?

Comment

And with a team of bobs and Zocco it wouldn't be bobs I would be looking at to find the incompetent one first tbh......
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
              So you are the "cowboy" amongst the indians?
              As long as he shares around his Custered Creams.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                As long as he shares around his Custered Creams.
                More Custers Last Stand methinks.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

There was a team at a previous client made up of 6 or seven Indians and 1 English guy.

The Indians spent the entire time speaking their native language over the English guy, must have been a nightmare.

He left in the end, as they really were being very uncommunicative.
                  Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Bobs are individuals.

So while some are sexist and are unpleasant to work with others are lovely.

Lovely doesn't equal competent but generally they are less incompetent as they are willing to talk to people to find out things as long as the "boss" isn't around.

Unfortunately the "boss" can be their older cousin who helped them get the job who like their employer is a nasty piece of work.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X