• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

RTI Net Salary calcs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RTI Net Salary calcs

Why is it so hard for my accountants to calculate the same amount each month on my new RTI payslip.

I have a standing order setup to pay me each month, but since RTi came in the amount varies every month.

Not a big deal but a tad annoying.
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

It's not difficult. Have you simply asked them to set the NET pay a particular figure each month? If not, perhaps ask. If you have, perhaps ask them why they can't do it. They should be able to.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
      Why is it so hard for my accountants to calculate the same amount each month on my new RTI payslip.

I have a standing order setup to pay me each month, but since RTi came in the amount varies every month.

Not a big deal but a tad annoying.
      RTI should not make a difference to your net pay - It is likely to be down to tax code changes but there could be other reasons.

Your accountant should easily be able to explain the reason behind the changes.

Comment

Prior to RTI I got an annual PAYE sheet.

I would then aggregate all the data and divide by 12 and get regular monthly payment values. HMRC quarterly, net salary monthly.

RTI has been different for most of the months since it was introduced.
        Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
          Prior to RTI I got an annual PAYE sheet.

I would then aggregate all the data and divide by 12 and get regular monthly payment values. HMRC quarterly, net salary monthly.

RTI has been different for most of the months since it was introduced.
          It certainly shouldn't be, if your accountant is doing it properly. Sure you aren't mixing in expenses and dividends? Or not leaving the NICs till the end of the year?
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Is it not likely to be due to directors NIC being on an annual basis? Ie if you're paying (say) £1,000/month salary, then for months 1-7 you'd be below the NIC threshold (no NICs deducted), month 8 you'd breach it part way through (small amount of NICs deducted) then months 9-12 you'd be having full NIC deductions.

This should be fairly consistent though, it wouldn't lead to the net pay jumping up and down.

This is one of the reasons for many people taking £641/month (for current tax year). It means by the end of month 12 you get right to the top of the NIC free bracket.

Plus PAYE quite often seems to vary by 20p month on month with the same gross salary and tax code...but I'm guessing you're talking about bigger variations than that?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
              It certainly shouldn't be, if your accountant is doing it properly. Sure you aren't mixing in expenses and dividends? Or not leaving the NICs till the end of the year?
              No, I am talking basic salary only, no divs or expenses.

Comment

Working...
              X