• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A choice of agencies...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A choice of agencies...

A little help please...I've just landed a role () and the client has rather kindly given me a choice of agencies. Any views on them especially concerning the IR35 friendliness of their contract and their payment terms / previous payment issues?
    1. Project Partners
    2. Sandersons
    3. Recruitment Zone
    4. Campion Willcocks
    5. Head Resourcing
    6. IMS worldwide
    7. Investigo

B

Why have an agent? go direct and cut out the middle man. Simple..

Comment

Have heard of all of them and know of most but never worked with any of them. Is this a record?

However, if you have a choice of agencies, presumably you found the work and the client is merely outsourcing the admin. In which case you are setting the terms of the engagement, not the agency.

Pick one or two, send them the standard PCG contract and tell them you will allow them a 5% margin, then see who bites.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

WMS +1

Comment

For what its worth, my interactions with Project Partners have been positive.
          My 12 year old is walking 26 miles for Cardiac Risk in the Young, you can sponsor him here

Comment

Originally posted by badger7579 View Post
            Why have an agent? go direct and cut out the middle man. Simple..
            I think you will find that the client won't engage a contractor direct and wants an agency there as the middle man.

Choose the one with the best payment terms and most reasonable contract. Make sure that they don't insist that you opt out too.
            Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Nice One!

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
              I think you will find that the client won't engage a contractor direct and wants an agency there as the middle man.

Choose the one with the best payment terms and most reasonable contract. Make sure that they don't insist that you opt out too.
              You in Driving seat, so send 3 or 4 of them your terms and see who bites....

1. 5% or less Margin
              2. Opt in
              3. Weekly pay
              4. Optional - they take you out to lunch

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post

What for? the agent's job is to source a resource for the position at hand. If the company does not already have any relationship with any of the agencies listed they will have to be setup as a new company in the finance system anyway so why not go direct???

Has this person even asked the client for a direct contract?

Comment

Originally posted by badger7579 View Post
                  What for? the agent's job is to source a resource for the position at hand. If the company does not already have any relationship with any of the agencies listed they will have to be setup as a new company in the finance system anyway so why not go direct???

Has this person even asked the client for a direct contract?
                  Almost certainly down to some senior Human Remains wonk believing that having an agency protects the client form any employment claims the independent contractor might want to make. It won't, of course, but people don't get into HR by knowing what the hell they're doing with respect to contractors; to them everyone is an employee or an employee in waiting.
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

I worked through Sanderson in the past and they were very good.
                    "Hope your doing fine". My favourite opening line in emails from certain agencies! Not only the fact they can't spell, but who actually says that?

Comment

Working...
                    X