• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK exports fall by a sharp 9.1pc

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK exports fall by a sharp 9.1pc

oh dear - Perhaps the triple dip is still to rip. Still our houses are worth millions, so we're alright.

Weak trade dents recovery optimism - Telegraph

Economists said the official data, for July, was “disappointing” and had tempered some of the optimism sparked by the flurry of upbeat releases over the past few weeks. Overall industrial production was flat in July, falling short of forecasts for a small rise.

More worryingly, UK exports fell by a sharp 9.1pc largely due to a decline in demand in countries outside the European Union where British companies have been focusing their efforts. As a result, the trade deficit in goods ballooned from £8.2bn in June to £9.9bn in July – its highest since October 2012 and far worse than forecasts that it would be unchanged.
    Including the £6.8bn surplus in services, the overall trade deficit widened from £1.3bn in June to £3.1bn in July.
    Last edited by scooterscot; 6 September 2013, 17:57.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

It's rather better to be a rich man in a poor country than a poor man in a rich country.

HTH, BIDI.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      It's rather better to be a rich man in a poor country than a poor man in a rich country.

HTH, BIDI.
      That's about the only good thing about working in Scotland for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
        That's about the only good thing about working in Scotland for me.
        My cleaner took her holidays in Scotland. Nuff said.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Well she obviously wasn't working here. Edinburgh gets filthy, especially on bin day, once the seagulls have been around tearing all the bags open (apparently they haven't heard of wheelie bins where I stay).

Comment

HTH, BIDI.
            Spoken like a capitalist. All hale the man of the people,
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

HTH, BIDI.
              The countries that have the happiest people have the least disparity between rich and poor.

Comment

My cleaner took her holidays in Scotland. Nuff said.
                I bet your cleaner does not cost €12 p/h

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  I bet your cleaner does not cost €12 p/h
                  But Thai ladyboys cost more than that
                  Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
                    But Thai ladyboys cost more than that
                    And exactly how would you know?
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X