• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

M25 Stuffed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M25 Stuffed

Loony apparently: BBC News - Dartford Crossing closure causes M25 traffic chaos

I love the Wail version though: Dartford Crossing closed in both directions as police arrest man over suspicious item found on motorway | Mail Online

Tonight Kent Police would only say the man had been arrested for 'acting strangely'. They did not say whether he was found in possession of any weapon.
    Some motorists reported seeing a ‘foreign’ man shouting and behaving suspiciously around the toll booths at the Dartford Crossing on the M25.
    One person posted on Twitter: 'Crazed foreign man seen running between cars at dartford crossing shouting.”
    While @BoyceDrew tweeted: 'Security incident at Dartford tnl. I came through there early and some foreign guy was running through the cars shouting at everyone.
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

M1 was just as bad today - every junction was '40mph, Queue after Next Junction...'

And I only had Radiohead on in the car, filled my iPhone with it in a bout of misery along with some Joy Division and a bit of The Lemonheads......

Love the bridge in 'The Bends' tho, ragged playing and cracking squealies....

Comment

Usual health and safety rubbish. Instead of someone just going up to the bag (or whatever) and looking at it, they have to close everything. Mo wonder this country is on the slide.

Comment

Should have used M4 or M16 instead...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Should have used M4 or M16 instead...
          The M249 would also be a nice alternative.
          Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
            The M249 would also be a nice alternative.
            Yup

Comment

I wish I'd experienced the A6144(M). Too late now.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I drove through just after they had shut the Essex side, narrowly avoiding a police car that did an emergency stop in front of me near the barriers, cleared through must have been close to 5pm to see a 7 mile tail back past junction 30

A few minutes later and I've had been stuck there for 7 hours

I didn't see the EOD bot though (:
                Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Working...
                X