• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What can I do with money in my business bank account?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What can I do with money in my business bank account?

People,

I am a Limited Company Contractor.

Can anyone advise what options I have for investing the money that is in my business bank account?? It seems that I have cash constantly sitting in there earning no interest or doing anything.

Surely I can invest it on behalf of my Company into something?

Many thanks

Originally posted by Submariner View Post
    People,

I am a Limited Company Contractor.

Can anyone advise what options I have for investing the money that is in my business bank account?? It seems that I have cash constantly sitting in there earning no interest or doing anything.

Many thanks
    Firstly stop thinking of it as "I have" it's not your money, it's your companies and if you can grasp that I'd use the money to ****
    Last edited by administrator; 8 September 2013, 16:43. Reason: Edit
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

This question gets asked every month or so and the general answer is there is nothing you can do with it that will bring great returns. A couple of options to get a few percent here and there but nothing really worthwhile else we would all be doing it.

Have a go at a search using this method..

http://forums.contractoruk.com/welco...uk-forums.html
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

simon whats with the attitude? why be so abusive? I mean really?
        Last edited by Submariner; 8 September 2013, 15:36.

Comment

thanks Northern cheers appreciated

Comment

simon whats with the attitude? why be so abusive? I mean really?
            Point out to him he meant company's not companies to get him back!!

Comment

Have a look at paying yourself a single dividend for the full amount for the year (if you have available profit) so you can invest it personally rather than paying yourself monthly for no reason. I still find it quite surprising how many contractors have large warchests and pay themselves a small amount monthly over the year.

Comment

thanks Northern but I will pass

Comment

Yeah, you can invest it in any way you see fit - it's your company.

I know people who have a flexible mortgage and they take directors loans[ to pay off a chunk of the mortgage and then pay it back to the company at a later date.

Do a google for site:contractoruk.com directors loan and you will find lots of discussion of the ins and outs of it.

Get your accountant to review exactly what you are going to do first and don't do it if you are going to blow the money and not pay it back.
                  Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
                    Yeah, you can invest it in any way you see fit - it's your company.

I know people who have a flexible mortgage and they take directors loans[ to pay off a chunk of the mortgage and then pay it back to the company at a later date.

Do a google for site:contractoruk.com directors loan and you will find lots of discussion of the ins and outs of it.

Get your accountant to review exactly what you are going to do first and don't do it if you are going to blow the money and not pay it back.
                    They must have some pretty good deals to make it worth paying the 4% interest and it be worth it though. And can only do once a year or so to avoid it looking like bed and breakfasting. Am sure even with the limited options there are better and safer things to do with it.

Comment

Working...
                    X