• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Osborne: We've saved the economy and proved Labour wrong

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Osborne: We've saved the economy and proved Labour wrong

Osborne: We've saved the economy and proved Labour wrong - Telegraph

Please tell me its April 1st and this is some sort of joke?

Only 2 reasons economy looks better. QE and the help to buy policy. Our export position is not getting any better. Still way too much red tape for our industries to compete.

Gggrrrrr

I don't get this when on the same day we have UK trade deficit doubles in July to £3.1bn

As it turns out "Scots economic recovery 'quickening'" only one area of UK has growth quickening.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      I don't get this when on the same day we have UK trade deficit doubles in July to £3.1bn

As it turns out "Scots economic recovery 'quickening'" only one area of UK has growth quickening.
      we are on the long road to elections.

but if we had kept New Lie then IMHO everything would have been much worse.

The crown jewels would be in hock and Wonga would own most government buildings.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        Wonga would own most government buildings.
        Who would be crazy enough to sell off all the buildings the government owns?

David Cameron's secret plan to cut UK's £149bn debt by selling off property - Telegraph
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

but if we had kept New Lie then IMHO everything would have been much worse.
          I'm of the opinion had they remained in power we'd have had a proper crash by now. We've not yet had one. Instead we're keeping a corpse on life-support. That's not a recovery.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
            Who would be crazy enough to sell off all the buildings the government owns?

David Cameron's secret plan to cut UK's £149bn debt by selling off property - Telegraph
            Don't forget that HMRC sold ALL of their buildings to a management shell company working out of the Grand Caymans. They now pay rent to an aggressive tax dodge

Comment

I'm of the opinion had they remained in power we'd have had a proper crash by now. We've not yet had one. Instead we're keeping a corpse on life-support. That's not a recovery.
              The corpse is alive

UK, US and Japan will have the strongest growth this year.

TBH Business has never been better for me than during the so-called recession - obviously the life-sciences industry in the UK is in rude health.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

UK, US and Japan will have the strongest growth this year.
                And they'll also have the most debt.

Comment

And they'll also have the most debt.
                  Not when it's inflated away, as is no doubt Carney's plan, by keeping interest rates low.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Who cares as long as I'm making money?

It might be an Alice in Wongaland recovery, but my house is hiring a new butler next week.

There's money to be made on the way up and on the way down.

Comment

Working...
                    X