• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Did you have a nice weekend?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you have a nice weekend?

Did you have a nice weekend? Get up to anything nice?

I shall be comparing replies against the Friday weekend thread and any discrepancies reported to admin......

Yes I did thanks.

And you?
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Did you have a nice weekend? Get up to anything nice?

I shall be comparing replies against the Friday weekend thread and any discrepancies reported to admin......
      Yes thanks.

Had a great game of football friday night as scored two crackerjack goals and rattled the post for my hat-trick
      Saturday was a costly day out as we decided to buy the girls new beds and opted for doubles so new frames, mattresses and bedding
      Sunday was cheering mrs 5* on during her first race followed by a roast dinner.

You ?

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
        And you?
        Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
        You ?
        It was interesting. Went to Wales to see the house MrsBP had decided to buy. Doing it up would cost a fortune. So we have had to pull out. Not sure what the next move is - she is clearly very very unhappy. She might have to make a comprimise up in North Wales or stay in London for another 6 months.

In London house prices are risinhg so quickly that we will probably stay. Annoying as we have got a good price in current market.

Npothing will move in Wales as no help to buy scheme.

Comment

Suffered unexpected coordination difficulties followed by cranial sensitivity after the wedding on Friday evening, cycled 60km on Saturday in a vain attempt at clearing my head, and spent most of Sunday asleep on the sofa.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Spent most of the weekend cleaning and moving furniture.

I ache now.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I spent most of the weekend twerking.

Comment

Thanks, too damn right I did apart from the incident...
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Jumped on a train to the Lake District on Friday to catch up with Lejog buddy.

Went to dinner at a nice little pub and had what was definitely the best burger and chips I've ever had, and sampled a few of the local ales.

Saturday was fry-up, followed by some rather wet and very hilly cycling. Got my first puncture on the new bike as they'd been hedge clipping. Stopped at a nice little cafe for lunch, then a trip to a massive bike shop where I managed to spend less than a tenner. Cycled on to a pub and sheltered for a very pleasant hour or so until the rain subsided before heading back to friend's house.

Evening was dinner in Kendal, followed by rather odd play which was a good concept but not executed very well IMO. They'd got kids to talk about stuff, then adults were reading the words. But there wasn't really any consistency - some of the adults were pretending to be kids, others reading it as if they were adults talking (which worked better). It went on for an hour which was enough, and allowed time for a few more beers and some bike gear ratio calculations.

Sunday went for a walk over the hills to retrieve the car from whence it had been abandoned the night before, then ate some cake before heading for the station and another five hour trip home which was good for a few 'extreme' sodokus and a chapter or two of my earthquake book.

All in all a very nice weekend, thank you for asking.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                    Sunday was cheering mrs 5* on during her first race followed by a roast dinner.
                    I've never been followed by a roast dinner before. Did she get away?

Comment

Working...
                    X