• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Buying property in Berlin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying property in Berlin

First raised the possibility of this a few years ago.
    Looks like I was right and should have done it since property prices have shot up.
    Still nowhere near London prices though, and with war-chest at a massive level now, I'm sorely tempted.
    Plus one of best mates used to be an estate agent in Berlin so I have the inside expertise.
    Will visit in autumn and ask his opinion.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

That boat left the harbour 5 years ago
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Translation:

It's just one of many dreamt up realities I have had over the years.
      Hindsight is a perfect science.
      My ikea bedroom chest is overflowing with crusty socks.
      Someone spoke to me. He is my BFF.
      I'll fantasize about a holiday there from my sun-filled eco-shed later this week.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
        Translation:

It's just one of many dreamt up realities I have had over the years.
        Hindsight is a perfect science.
        My ikea bedroom chest is overflowing with crusty socks.
        Someone spoke to me. He is my BFF.
        I'll fantasize about a holiday there from my sun-filled eco-shed later this week.

Look, we all thought it, but we know how fragile his mental state is, so we don't say it. Okay?

Comment

I'll be in Berlin next week, tell me what you want and I'll pick one up for you! Actually there's a bit of a backlash about property spekulants in Berlin currently as they're coming in, buying up the properties, making areas fashionable and pricing out the locals. As Berlin is not quite London, a fair bit of this backlash is violent...
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            I'll be in Berlin next week, tell me what you want and I'll pick one up for you! Actually there's a bit of a backlash about property spekulants in Berlin currently as they're coming in, buying up the properties, making areas fashionable and pricing out the locals. As Berlin is not quite London, a fair bit of this backlash is violent...
            Yeah heard about this. What it tells me is that social cleansing of the crusties is taking place and therefore the boom is not nearly over yet. Don't intend to live there, but rent it out, so not an issue.
            But will get the inside gen over a city break in November - estate agent mate made enough out of property so he doesn't have to work.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              Depends where I guess. We lived in Wilmersdorf for a couple of year, lovely area and only minutes walk from the ku-dam.

I prefer the weather in southern Germany, like the seasons used to be.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                But will get the inside gen over a city break in November - estate agent mate made enough out of property so he doesn't have to work.
                Yeah, they do that by charging people a preposterous amount for doing **** all, not by risking their own money.

A bit like most of us lot really.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

The next property boom

Aram Real Estate | Syria Real Estate | Syria Properties

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    If a US citizen buys one, it then gets bombed by the US, would he be able to sue the US government?

Comment

Working...
                    X