• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Seems a sabbatical is in order.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems a sabbatical is in order.

Cycling around the lanes by my new pad Saturday and I came around a corner, only to see a car was cutting it. Saw it a bit too late, and, well, to cut a long story short, I have a broken leg and fractured elbow. Couple of ops over the weekend and I reckon 3 - 4 months unable to operate. New gig started today too, and after 6 weeks off in France and a house move, so the coffers are low, and I get this. Hey ho, life is like this sometimes. Might give me an opportunity to sit back and think about the future for a while.

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
    Cycling around the lanes by my new pad Saturday and I came around a corner, only to see a car was cutting it. Saw it a bit too late, and, well, to cut a long story short, I have a broken leg and fractured elbow. Couple of ops over the weekend and I reckon 3 - 4 months unable to operate. New gig started today too, and after 6 weeks off in France and a house move, so the coffers are low, and I get this. Hey ho, life is like this sometimes. Might give me an opportunity to sit back and think about the future for a while.
    Was the car a GT86?

Comment

Injured and not your fault? Injury lawyers for you!

On a serious note, if it was the car's fault you should be able to claim loss of income from their insurance. Can you send in a subbie till you're fixed?

Get well soon!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
          Was the car a GT86?
          Not even an imaginary one.

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          Injured and not your fault? Injury lawyers for you!

On a serious note, if it was the car's fault you should be able to claim loss of income from their insurance. Can you send in a subbie till you're fixed?

Get well soon!
          Single lane roads, and I am not too sure how they'd call it. Due to the injuries, the police were called, so I am sure I will be getting some calls later. Chap seemed genuinely upset, and there wasn't a great deal of speed in it. Could be just one of those things. I'll look into it a bit more when I am a bit more stable.

Thanks.

As for the role, it's already re-advertised, as they really do need someone now. I am sending out some mails to some friends in the same business tonight, may try the substitution but IO guess it's up to them and the agent, who both seem good people.

I think I simply have to chalk it up as one of those things.

Comment

Bummer Hope you're back in full working order soon

Comment

If you have a signed contract, and enough accounts to prove your earnings history, then you should claim for loss of earnings. 3-4 months is a lot of money to let slide, especially if the warchest is depleted.

On the bright side, at least you aren't dead...
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                If you have a signed contract, and enough accounts to prove your earnings history, then you should claim for loss of earnings. 3-4 months is a lot of money to let slide, especially if the warchest is depleted.
                I will, if it's just. I am not just going to claim just to claim, I have issues about the morality of it. But if the police think he's at fault, then of course I will. We're far from poor, and, to be honest, I could do with some training time. I try and look forward in life, rather than backwards. As I said, it could just be bad luck. I haven't been able to sleep as much as I have been doing, so it's quite a nice in that regard!

Might get around to the 3 page list my wife has been compiling over the years of tulip I should sort out too.

Drugs are good too....

Comment

WHS

His 3rd party insurance should cover loss of earnings if it's his fault! That's genuine case to use lawyers also.

Comment

On the bright side, at least you aren't dead...
                    Doesn't being a contractor with MOO and RoS cut both ways here - you only earn £600/month or whatever as well. Shouldn't your company have insurance to protect itself against loss of income in case a key member of staff is unable to work?

Serious question...
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X