• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Manchester airport 4x4 car hire

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manchester airport 4x4 car hire

Been trying to hire a 4x4 in around manchester, but having crap luck. Every time I'm confirming it's an e-mail or phone 'such n such is not available as promised but we have blah blah instead'

Why tell me £$@£$£% @£$£@ vehicle if you've no got it??
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

You tried SHB?
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
      You tried SHB?
      nope - I'll give em a bell in the morning...
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        nope - I'll give em a bell in the morning...
        don't mention it....
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Dang, always something. They don't provide child seats "Sorry Sir but we're not experts in child seats so we don't provide them for reasons of heath & safety"

Oh for @£$£@ -

Really the country is going mad. I've got the debit card out, £800, ready for the hire, and oh I need a child seat - torpedo...

Comment

Why are you trying to hire a 4x4? They won't allow it to go off road as part of the hire conditions. You may as well get an Executive Class MPV.

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
              Why are you trying to hire a 4x4? They won't allow it to go off road as part of the hire conditions. You may as well get an Executive Class MPV.
              Because I'm going to Cumbria and there's stories about pot holes. The only MPV I'll be in is the one carrying me to the hole in ground. Shudder.

I hired a range rover sport whilst in London recently for five days without a problem, but the north is proving much more problematic.

Comment

I thought the airlines let you carry child seats without a charge?

But shocking service for a rental firm that doesn't provide car seats!

Comment

It'll be cheaper to pick up the car, drive to Tesco, buy one and then bin it when you are done than to hire one.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Antman View Post
                    I thought the airlines let you carry child seats without a charge?
                    They do but my arm does not approve. A suitcase and a pushchair is enough to be going through the airport with.

It is somewhat lacking in flexibility when a car hire firm cannot provide a child seat. They probably blame the EU regulation's too.

Comment

Working...
                    X