• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jobs Boom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jobs Boom

UK on mend with 'game changing’ year for jobs - Telegraph

Britain will end the year with its strongest rate of jobs growth since 2007.
    So jobs are booming, inflation in everyday items rampant, house prices going stratospheric.

Who's getting a massive rate rise then? Seems only fair we should benefit from this wonderous economic recovery...

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Who's getting a massive rate rise then? Seems only fair we should benefit from this wonderous economic recovery...

People with the right skills. If you haven't kept up, its your own fault, I'm afraid.
    Constant training is the name of the game.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      People with the right skills. If you haven't kept up, its your own fault, I'm afraid.
      Constant training is the name of the game.
      Perhaps you can give us all some insight into your Excel skills?

Comment

Perhaps you can give us all some insight into your Excel skills?
        You seem to have developed some fixation with my rather average Excel skills. I did do some VBA many years ago.

But as usual you're missing the point. Theoretically you could do stats modelling in Excel (for small datasets) and get paid a huge amount. The money would be for your stats modelling skills, not for Excel.
        Similarly you could use Excel for Gantt charts to manage a team, as I also did in the past. You're getting the money for project management not Excel.

You can always tell limited IT people: they're fixated on a tool, not on the end result and bigger picture.
        And that my friend, is why you don't get and don't deserve the big bucks.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

You seem to have developed some fixation with my rather average Excel skills. I did do some VBA many years ago.

But as usual you're missing the point. Theoretically you could do stats modelling in Excel (for small datasets) and get paid a huge amount. The money would be for your stats modelling skills, not for Excel.
          Similarly you could use Excel for Gantt charts to manage a team, as I also did in the past. You're getting the money for project management not Excel.

You can always tell limited IT people: they're fixated on a tool, not on the end result and bigger picture.
          And that my friend, is why you don't get and don't deserve the big bucks.
          Can you tell me how many years experience you have in Excel 2003 SP2a?

Comment

I can tell you where SAS hasn't spent money on his skills, its around communication skills and general politeness.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                I can tell you where SAS hasn't spent money on his skills, its around communication skills and general politeness.
                I'm very polite with intelligent people.
                Not so much with ignorant morons who can't keep their ill-informed opinions to themselves.

HTH, BIKIW.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Excel its all about number KERRUNCHING !

Comment

I'm very polite with intelligent people.
                    Not so much with ignorant morons who can't keep their ill-informed opinions to themselves.
                    This explains your very evident self-loathing. Every time you open your mouth you must want to punch yourself in the gonads at the rubbish you hear.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X