• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ive heard it all now

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive heard it all now

(Or Day 7)

Got a rather paltry scrap of work to do - messing around with some CSS.

Now, this is mobile content and the (bob) architect (!) has asked me to just change the layout from the corresponding existing desktop page. Same images, everything. No plan to serve different images that are scaled for mobile devices, no plan to test it in some kind of emulator. Just wants it tested in IE and FF and we're ready to go...

Originally posted by zoco View Post
    (Or Day 7)

Now, this is mobile content and the (bob) architect (!) has asked me to just change the layout from the corresponding existing desktop page. Same images, everything. No plan to serve different images that are scaled for mobile devices, no plan to test it in some kind of emulator. Just wants it tested in IE and FF and we're ready to go...
    And you are struggling with this simple task?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      he wants it to be a full on conversion when all the customer wants is quick hack to meet vague criteria...

It sounds familiar....
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

It's hard to concentrate when you have a dirty bum coz you couldn't find the bog paper
        Last edited by sasguru; 10 September 2013, 15:12.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

(Or Day 7)

I hate it when websites serve me crappy fuzzy images on mobile devices. As for an emulator - have you not got a phone?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

in the good old days the WAP gateway would handle that stuff for you

Comment

It's a simple task but I feel its my professional duty to tell them theyre doing it wrong.

Comment

It's a simple task but I feel its my professional duty to tell them theyre doing it wrong.
                depends if the bob architect is offshored or onshored and who employs him.

If he's offshored just nod and do the (half arsed) needful
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Oh no not 'professional duty'. I had a year when I believed in that. It cost be a wheelbarrow load of money. Stuff that, just do it and invoice.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Duly noted. Now hurry the f*** up and do it

Comment

Working...
                    X