• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interview fail

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interview fail

.....we have other candidates in process that were a closer fit for the role from a technical, team and cultural perspective.
    Feck me, on how many levels did I not fit??

At least I got a response which is a first.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

they just mean cheaper -- you knows it!

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post

Beaten by a better candidate.

What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post

Don't worry I just busted out of a 5 year role in Bristol on a sky high rate or at least I think I have based on my interview standard, I have not heard back yet Sometimes it just happens.

Comment

It was my 1st interview in 2 years so I'm treating it as practice.

I only knew I had one on the Friday and it was scheduled first thing Monday, I had a heavy drinking sesh in between so probably didn't show myself in the best of light.

Stooopid gig anyway.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

.....we have other candidates in process that were a closer fit for the role from a technical, team and cultural perspective.
            WTF?? are they allowed to give that as a reason?

Either way 'culture' can mean so many different things so I've googled a list of possible meanings for you to figure out where you may have fallen short of their selection criteria. Perhaps you demonstrated too much or not enough of the following:

Examples of such "human cultural" traits include:

1. communicating with a verbal language consisting of a limited set of sounds and grammatical rules for constructing sentences

2. using age and gender to classify people (e.g., teenager, senior citizen, woman, man)

3. classifying people based on marriage and descent relationships and having kinship terms to refer to them (e.g., wife, mother, uncle, cousin)

4. raised in some sort of family setting

5. having a sexual division of labor (e.g., men's work versus women's work)

6. having a concept of privacy

7. having rules to regulate sexual behavior

8. distinguishing between good and bad behavior

9. having some sort of body ornamentation

10. making jokes and playing games

11. having art

12. having some sort of leadership role for the implementation of community decisions

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
              WTF?? are they allowed to give that as a reason?

If you aren't white middle class or they weren't I'd get yourself a lawyer. That's suing talk!
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                If you aren't white middle class or they weren't I'd get yourself a lawyer. That's suing talk!
                Back when I was in my mid twenties I applied for a perm lead consultant role which admittedly was a far reach at the time. When I sent my CV over and the agent saw my DOB he laughed at me and said he was after an older silver haired candidate. Absolute moron. I regret not taking that further, it probably would have been worth something in court or at least cost the fool his job.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
                  Back when I was in my mid twenties I applied for a perm lead consultant role which admittedly was a far reach at the time. When I sent my CV over and the agent saw my DOB he laughed at me and said he was after an older silver haired candidate. Absolute moron. I regret not taking that further, it probably would have been worth something in court or at least cost the fool his job.
                  Ageism laws are new so weren't around when you were in your 20s.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The cheese man! The cheese! You forgot the cheese!

Comment

Working...
                    X