• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

They never saw this coming....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They never saw this coming....

Exodus of "middle income grafters" sparks concern for Britain - Telegraph

A poll of Britons who've decided to emigrate sparked the MP who commissioned it to call for action to stop the country losing those with "the skills the economy needs".

Liam Clifford, the chief executive of Global Visas said: “The astonishing response clearly sees people taking this opportunity to tell Government why they left and to register their feelings. They believe they have no choice but to seek a better life elsewhere.”

Who here is planning to emigrate?

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Who here is planning to emigrate?
    Seriously thinking about it. Currently only an elderly relative who needs looking after is stopping us.
    Like is good here for the moment but I don't like the general attitude to education.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Emigration is the next step, the question is where to go
      Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

The main destinations are obviously Australia, NZ, Canada and USA.

Beyond that the World is your lobster as they say.

Comment

Scratch America off though, it's full of religious fundamentalists
          Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

I'm amazed how many people I know have emigrated or are in the process. Mostly Oz and NZ.

Comment

I wouldn't move to the U.S. all they do is work and have very little time off, I like a work/life balance
              In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
                Scratch America off though, it's full of religious fundamentalists
                So a bit like Bradford then?

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
                  I wouldn't move to the U.S. all they do is work and have very little time off, I like a work/life balance
                  Very few people choose USA over Australia and NZ for that reason.

Comment

I'm not. I've worked abroad and it was nice and all that, but I prefer living in England.

Comment

Working...
                    X