• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Come on then sas - show us how clever you are

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come on then sas - show us how clever you are

GCHQ launches cyber treasure hunt to recruit staff - Telegraph

No doubt you worked out the answer in 5 seconds - or will come up with some highly improbable excuse as to why you can't be bothered.

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

No doubt you worked out the answer in 5 seconds - or will come up with some highly improbable excuse as to why you can't be bothered.
    Yes I do have an excuse, but its not improbable
    I get paid more for doing what I'm doing now than the £25K-£60K they're offering.
    Really, that's the best they're offering for the "best minds"?

Having said which I will be looking at that problem, can't resist ....
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Unless that pays over £400K p.a. I'm not interested. I can earn that posting on CUK.

Comment

Oh and just to clear up one issue once and for all : I don't think I'm particularly clever - it's just there's a glut of cretins on CUK.

HTH
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

There's a rumour the code involves some foreign words, specifically French. So Sas is probably wise to skip it this year, as he admitted he doesn't know any.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            There's a rumour the code involves some foreign words, specifically French. So Sas is probably wise to skip it this year, as he admitted he doesn't know any.
            Yes, up pops one to prove my point.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              I think he knows the French for Cretin. Its what everyone called him when he went to Paris last year.

Comment

I think he knows the French for Cretin. Its what everyone called him when he went to Paris last year.
                And another. Like I said there's a glut on CUK.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  Yes I do have an excuse, but its not improbable
                  I get paid more for doing what I'm doing now than the £25K-£60K they're offering.
                  Really, that's the best they're offering for the "best minds"?

Having said which I will be looking at that problem, can't resist ....
                  No one said you have to take the job - just crack the puzzle.

Comment

There's me thinking Sas told everyone he had lots to work on today, over 3 hours ago, yet he's still on here, biting away, using his stock term in phrase.

The trouble is sas, if you were as clever as you think you are, what you keep telling folk you are, you'd not need to tell everyone all the time. The people, with class, style, don't need to demonstrate others lacking in it, they're simply happy with who they are. The way you keep telling people they're wrong all the time, mostly the most tedious of things, makes me think you're quite an unhappy person, and that's sad.

If you're as clever, stylish, classy, witty as your want others to think you are, you'd not be that bothered with people who weren't, or in telling people otherwise, in general.

You strike me as someone deeply unhappy.

Comment

Working...
                    X