• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Today's PMQs (AKA Miliband destruction)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today's PMQs (AKA Miliband destruction)

Anyone hear/see it today? Cameron tore Miliband a new one, totally destroyed him. I reckon we will see him being ousted soon, no way Labour can win GE with the Eds at the helm.

Originally posted by proggy View Post
    Anyone hear/see it today? Cameron tore Miliband a new one, totally destroyed him. I reckon we will see him being ousted soon, no way Labour can win GE with the Eds at the helm.
    I just can't take Miliband seriously because of the way he sounds. Same for William Hague etc. Has to at least sound like a strong leader... and with such a poor basis for a political view it is lucky I don't vote
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

All the northern monkeys will still vote for him.

Labour landslide in 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        All the northern monkeys will still vote for him.

Labour landslide in 2015.
        Yep...
        Blood in your poo

Comment

Originally posted by proggy View Post
          The question is would you want to win the next election, the words poisoned chalice spring to mind
          Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

I'd like to see CMD actually answer a question when it's put to him occasionally.

Might make a change.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I'd like to see the Millibot do that too, instead of repeating the same sound-bite he's been fed, over and over again.

Comment

Ed Balls has been very quiet of late how much longer do you think we will need to wait before he sticks the knife into millipedes back ?

Can have gone down well with the unions to have that jumped up little twat biting their ankles only to be cleared of any wrongdoing in the Falkirk issue...

Comment

Having the wrong Milliband is certainly hurting Labour.

To me, the worst example was the Libya debate, even though Cameron lost the worst fight of his career Milliband looked like they'd get a gauche 6th former with a speech impediment to stand up against a professional politician.

The problem for Labour is who to replace him with. In another universe it would be really very easy, Chuka Umunna is articulate, far smarter than most of his party and has made a good name for himself bashing bankers, whilst at he same time being one of the few senior members of the party who can't be blamed for allowing it to happen.

Problem is that he's black. The only way any Labour PM has managed to get black people into a cabinet is by putting them in the House of Lords, since no matter how low your standard the few black MPs are as useless, mad or stupid as Diane Abbott. Of course that led to the Baroness Scotland fiasco, where the most senior lawyer in the land couldn't cope with the law on employing foreign workers in her home. A Labour minister with an illegal servant isn't a good story.

Umunna seems not to have had any major screwup yet, or at least hasn't been caught which is just as good in politics.

But Wrong Milliband is for now as safe as Cameron.

The fight with the unions is absolutely necessary for his party. If he goes now, the unions will call the shots for another generation and whoever takes over from him will inherit a poison chalice of the multiway fight it is causing.

So no serious contender will appear until that fight has been won or lost, they'd want to wait until after the next election which at present with the economy moving upwards is going to be tough for them to win, especially since the unions are taking their cash away.
                  My 12 year old is walking 26 miles for Cardiac Risk in the Young, you can sponsor him here

Comment

Originally posted by Dominic Connor View Post
                    So no serious contender will appear until that fight has been won or lost, they'd want to wait until after the next election which at present with the economy moving upwards is going to be tough for them to win, especially since the unions are taking their cash away.
                    They have already lost the union battle. Just the fact that the union in question has withheld the cash in such a public manner shows who is in charge... Wallace can grimace and bluster as much as he wants, but he is already done for. The proper left wingers will resent him for betraying the unions and workers. The modern ones a pissed off that he cannot show the leadership to beat the unions.

The tories lost both IDS and Hague while out of power because they could not keep the back benchers under control, I doubt that Labour will be anywhere near as controlled. Leaving him in the top job more or less lets us know that Labour have already decided to throw the next election away. I really can't see a Labour MP in a marginal seat standing for that.

Comment

Working...
                    X