• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Passwords

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Passwords

Which of the following two passwords is stronger,
    more secure, and more difficult to crack?

D0g.....................

PrXyc.N(n4k77#L!eVdAfp9

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

D0g.....................

PrXyc.N(n4k77#L!eVdAfp9
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

D0g.....................

PrXyc.N(n4k77#L!eVdAfp9
      The first one, because the second one's so difficult to remember you'll have to write it on a post-it and stick it to the bottom of your desk, as every one does at <not to be named defence contractor in Europe>.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        Good answer.

Password length is the most important factor, beyond avoiding a simple dictionary word.

This is why webtulipes that say "Choose a password" and then limit it to 6 chars drives me nuts!

Comment

Good answer.

Password length is the most important factor, beyond avoiding a simple dictionary word.

This is why webtulipes that say "Choose a password" and then limit it to 6 chars drives me nuts!

Tell me what your password is and I will let you know how secure it is
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

https://howsecureismypassword.net

This is a good site for showing you how bad your good ones are

There was a really good Gibson Research Paper about how crap most web services are at storing your passwords. I can't find it any more for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
              https://howsecureismypassword.net

This is a good site for showing you how bad your good ones are

There was a really good Gibson Research Paper about how crap most web services are at storing your passwords. I can't find it any more for some reason.
              Well it's bloody useless after you've typed it into some random website.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

[---sasguruisthebiggesttwunteverandacretintoboot---]

including the [--- and the ---]

easy to remember too!

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  Well it's bloody useless after you've typed it into some random website.
                  Yes but it shows you the sort of shape length you need for a properly secure one.

Comment

Mine's ********

Comment

Working...
                    X