PDA

View Full Version : New Business Analyst/Product Manager going contracting

Qwerty
12th September 2013, 19:26
1. Notice handed in, leave next month. 3 years at my current role, and have done a mixture of "Umbrella contracts" and "perm roles" over the last 10 or so years.

I am jumping in due to need for cash, being too stressed/emotionally involved in work & politics.

2. CV being tingled to be more project/contract focused
3. Getting used to agents saying "What! you have a notice period, BYE!
4. Thinking of a limited company name to start off with this method

Thats about it, ready for this crazy ride. Taking a risk but sometimes in life you have too. 3 of my best pals made the jump and haven't looked back and I keep reading many articles about "freelancing being the future" etc.

Will be using this to blog my future....

northernladuk
12th September 2013, 20:41
1. Notice handed in, leave next month. 3 years at my current role, and have done a mixture of "Umbrella contracts" and "perm roles" over the last 10 or so years.

I am jumping in due to need for cash, being too stressed/emotionally involved in work & politics.

2. CV being tingled to be more project/contract focused
3. Getting used to agents saying "What! you have a notice period, BYE!
4. Thinking of a limited company name to start off with this method

Thats about it, ready for this crazy ride. Taking a risk but sometimes in life you have too. 3 of my best pals made the jump and haven't looked back and I keep reading many articles about "freelancing being the future" etc.

Good luck

Please don't.

BigRed
12th September 2013, 20:47

Yes, give us a daily update about your trails and tribulations, DAY1:....DAY 2:....... etc. that will go down well here.

kevpuk
13th September 2013, 09:00

Welcome, and good luck

Please don't.

+1

Yes, give us a daily update about your trails and tribulations, DAY1:....DAY 2:....... etc. that will go down well here.

You might want to befriend Zoco.....

Qwerty
13th September 2013, 19:36
I am sensing a pattern here...

eek
13th September 2013, 20:21
I am sensing a pattern here...

We are currently subjected to two muppets who post about every issue they have no matter how minor. Unfortunately they are posting SO often its starting to get annoying.

You are very welcome to come here to celebrate getting a contract (post a BOOMED thread in general) and to ask questions regarding anything you are not 100% sure about but the day to day posts regarding finding a contract should be left to elsewhere or http://forums.contractoruk.com/light-relief/48919-test-please-delete-part-ii-3569.html where we are nicer and just post stuff about what is going on.