• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coursebookers - Any experience

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coursebookers - Any experience

I am looking at booking a VMware course and the price advertised by Coursebookers is quite a bit less than other course booking providers for the same course in the same place and on the same day!

Does anyone have any experience of these people. The price just seems too good to be true at £420 less than the most expensive example and I know the saying that if it's too good to be true then...

VMware vSphere v5.1 Bristol, 7th October

VMware Training Courses | Bristol | 2 Instructor Led Training Courses | Coursebookers
    £2,380.00 + VAT

VMware - VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage (VSICM) - globalknowledge.co.uk
    £2,595.00 + VAT

VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage V5.1 - Training course catalogue - QA
    £2,800.00 + VAT

Any experience would be appreciated.

Just do what I did. RTFM and buy a few books. I find courses bore me because the material is too basic.

Comment

^ +1, I find most training is available free online or in conferences. For all things Microsoft, look up Microsoft Virtual Academy, for SQL Server look for SQLBITS, SQL Saturdays, SQL Relay. (yes, I know SQL Server is Microsoft). Once you are experienced most training courses are too basic and boring.

Comment

Both good points but it's finding the time..

I find courses are more useful for me because they bump up my knowledge in a very compressed one week format that would take me much longer outside of a course structure plus they are interactive with someone at the front of the class to answer questions.

Comment

Cheaper to buy the software and look online. I have a broken leg, so have outlined plans for 2 weeks hard training on something or another in my field from home.

Trainers are pretty tulip as the norm. First company I worked for, the trainers were little better than sales people. I sat in one, and if anyone asked a question, he'd say, well look, think about the question, and an answer, and if you've not got the right way/answer by the end of tea break/lunch/afternoon break, I'll let you know.

He'd then fire out to us, the developers in the next break time and demand an answer. Go back in, and then, in authoritative words, explain how to do do something. Smoke and mirrors man, smoke and mirrors.

Comment

Ouch, those prices seem a bit toppy. And there was me thinking SQL course were expensive.

Instead build your own VM labs / server farm. Far more interesting and you'll save about 1500 and learn more.

qh
            He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Working...
            X