• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accepting work outside of project in contract schedule

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accepting work outside of project in contract schedule

I have a clause in my contract schedule stating that I have been engaged to work in the development of project x. Any work outside of the scope of this scope may be undertaken with prior agreement of the supplier.

What I wanted to happen was for the agency to add any new project work to the scope of the schedule but they won't change the contract now it's signed.

How should I formaise any requests to do something else, ask the client to stick it in an email or something? I'm just thinking about my working practices.

Originally posted by zoco View Post
    I have a clause in my contract schedule stating that I have been engaged to work in the development of project x. Any work outside of the scope of this scope may be undertaken with prior agreement of the supplier.

What I wanted to happen was for the agency to add any new project work to the scope of the schedule but they won't change the contract now it's signed.

How should I formaise any requests to do something else, ask the client to stick it in an email or something? I'm just thinking about my working practices.
    Sounds more like you are just trying to tidy the paperwork up to cover D&C at the client which is pointless. If you are worried about your working practices do not take extra work on above what is defined.

What did the contract review people say about that clause. I would have that out like a shot.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Sounds more like you are just trying to tidy the paperwork up to cover D&C at the client which is pointless. If you are worried about your working practices do not take extra work on above what is defined.

What did the contract review people say about that clause. I would have that out like a shot.
      There was no such clause in there originally I.e. no project scope defined. It passed their review.

These words I have had added on the back of some previous advice I was given from a legal expert a while back. Qdos haven't seen this clause.

Comment

So you had your contract reviewed by QDOS but you had no scope or schedule of work to be completed from your client? Just a basic contract?

Did you have the basic contract review or the £99 paid option?

Being at a client with no schedule or work where they will be asking you to do other work sounds like an utter nightmare... or are you just trying to tidy your paperwork up to cover yourself now you have started?

How can you add a clause to a contract that has already been signed and have started the work?

This is making no sense to me at all...

Comment

You can stick to your principles and potentially lose the contract on what is it day 10?
          Or just agree to what the client wants you to do and carry on invoicing.

Comment

Originally posted by yasockie View Post
            You can stick to your principles and potentially lose the contract on what is it day 10?
            Or just agree to what the client wants you to do and carry on invoicing.
            Really?!?!

Comment

So you had your contract reviewed by QDOS but you had no scope or schedule of work to be completed from your client? Just a basic contract?

Did you have the basic contract review or the £99 paid option?

Being at a client with no schedule or work where they will be asking you to do other work sounds like an utter nightmare... or are you just trying to tidy your paperwork up to cover yourself now you have started?

How can you add a clause to a contract that has already been signed and have started the work?

This is making no sense to me at all...
              I have 3 free contract reviews a year because I purchase my
              Indemnity insurance through them.

The first review was of the basic draft contract and it passed. Then they had a look at the full version with client specific stuff, schedule etc. It also passed though no mention of project in the schedule.

Yes, I am making a bungled attempt at covering my ass - thats why Ive tried getting something added that details some scope. Alsi, i haven't actually signed the contract yet.

Comment

Originally posted by zoco View Post
                I have 3 free contract reviews a year because I purchase my
                Indemnity insurance through them.

The first review was of the basic draft contract and it passed. Then they had a look at the full version with client specific stuff, schedule etc. It also passed though no mention of project in the schedule.

Yes, I am making a bungled attempt at covering my ass - thats why Ive tried getting something added that details some scope. Alsi, i haven't actually signed the contract yet.
                You are on site without a signed contract? You are ****ed. Forget it and just get on with the gig. You accepted the terms by starting so too late to go back now. Hope you got TLC35 or PCG+ as well.

Next time try and do it properly.

Comment

Words fail me.

I mean this in the politest & nicest way but it's people like you that cause problems for the rest of us.

Comment

You are on site without a signed contract? You are ****ed. Forget it and just get on with the gig. You accepted the terms by starting so too late to go back now. Hope you got TLC35 or PCG+ as well.

Next time try and do it properly.
                    surely you mean you hope he hasn't. Why should insurance schemes protect the terminally stupid....
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X