• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Does it make sense to get MA?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does it make sense to get MA?

A long time ago I was finishing up my Master of Arts in a degree largely unrelated to IT.
    I never got round to writing my thesis and I was able to get more and more IT work since and never looked back.
    I'm thinking is it worthwhile to try and wrap it up to actually get that degree at this point in my life?
    I now have 10+ years of work experience, occasionally I talk about my studies during the interviews (my BA thesis was about social networks and that was in last century! I've seen it coming and didn't monetise enough) but it's never stopped me from getting the role, I think.

What does the collective think about spending some of my future time writing a thesis that I (probably) can't invoice for?

If you're having to ask here then it's probably not worth doing, even for your own satisfaction
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

For business/career use no.
      For personal satisfaction yes if you can be arsed. I wouldn't.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X